October 18, 2011 7:39:15 AM EDT
Soundminer announced today that version 4.3 for its line of V4/V4pro MAC products with LION support(Apple OSX 10.7) would be available for FREE to all 4.0 users. This version will address some immediate compatibility needs while we work on our next new 'pro' version.
Apart from LION support, highlights include:
- brand new Rewire engine which thus far has proven to be more reliable, faster and less CPU intensive. This is part of ongoing developments for our next pro version.
- Auto-Detect Pro Tools session - Soundminer will check when moving between the two applications to see if the current session has changed and alert you as well as import the new session parameters. A configuration file can turn this on or off.
- Improved Foreign character support - umlauts, accents and other 'non-English' characters are parsed without issue in the boolean search area.
- Improvements on speed - we've begun to roll in some of the 'new code' that will see huge improvements upon speed in both searching nd conversion over time.
- VST RACK now with 16 slots for sound design! And we've added a new XML configuratin file for better SAVE/RECALL of presets.
- Improved iTunes import - v4/v4pro now pre-reads any iTunes library file and parses any and all playlists.
- AAC scanning of metadata.- added to this version is improved metadata embedding and reading for AAC files.
Users wishin access simply need to request the version from email@example.com. Please remember to provide your exact version details (v4 or v4pro), HASP id or ILOK user id when requesting this version. PPC support officially terminates with this new version. Version 4.3 will work with 10.6.x. Those on earlier systems should stay on existing 4.1/4.2 software.
PLEASE NOTE: older Hasp4 Nethasp USB dongles cannot be used on Lion systems. Users would need to buy areplacement Hasp HL dongle. contact firstname.lastname@example.org.